Provider means Little Brother Queensland Pty Ltd (ABN 89 612 587 845) of 146 Charters Towers Rd Hermit Park QLD 4812 Australia, contactable on email@example.com.
Customer means you or the entity that you are contracting for as authorised representative, contactable on the email you provide to us.
- Provider has adopted this Policy in accordance with the privacy law.
- This Policy outlines how Provider deals with Personal Information, which it collects in conjunction with the Services.
- Provider may also collect information about Individuals who do not use the Services.
- Capitalised words in this Policy are defined terms. Defined terms are explained at the end of this Policy.
2. Collecting information directly from people
Provider collects Personal Information directly when an Individual:
- downloads the application called “Koorca” to their smartphone;
- provides their telephone number to Provider using Koorca;
- the Service automatically captures Personal Information in content Individuals post using the Services;
- Provider’s server and analytics service may log details about website visits;
- location services, when switched on, capture Individuals’ locations;
- Provider’s website will likely place a cookie on Individuals’ devices;
- store visitors’ I.P. addresses; and
- other ways Provider collects information directly.
3. Organisations using the services
Provider provides the Services to Emergency Services. Provider and Emergency Services collect Personal Information from Individuals, including when:
- Provider or Emergency Services collect information directly from Individuals using the Service;
- Provider or Emergency Services enter or process information (such as notes or files) about Individuals using the Services.
4. Types of Information that Provider collects and holds
Using processes described in this Policy, Provider collects the following categories of Personal Information about Individuals:
- (Content) whatever Personal Information is included in content Individuals enter using Provider’s Services;
- (Contact Information) telephone number;
- (Behaviour Information) habits, movements, trends, decisions, associations, memberships;
- (Internet Data) webpage views, IP address, referring web site addresses, location, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and other data typically collected by analytics services like Google Analytics;
5. Sensitive Information
Privacy law categorizes certain types of Personal Information as “sensitive information”. Provider does not actively collect sensitive information, but information that Individuals post or store using the Services may fall into this category.
6. How Provider stores Personal Information
Provider holds and stores Personal Information using:
- (Storage Services) third party data storage services, including applications and software; and
- (Provider Devices) devices operated by employees of Provider’s business.
Provider will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information from unauthorised access. This includes measures to secure the Provider’s physical facilities and electronic networks.
Provider secures Personal Information that Provider collects with credentials, passwords, pins, encryption, session expiry, firewalls, SSL network encryption, and through the use of reputable vendors.
For more information on security, please contact Provider using the details in the “contacting us” below.
8. Deletion procedures
Provider deletes all Personal Information from its web servers every 14 days. Provider will delete Individuals’ information when Individuals close their account with us.
9. Why data is held, used and disclosed
Provider’s handling of Personal Information includes holding, using and sometimes sharing the Personal Information so that Provider can:
- provide functionality within the Services;
- provide notifications and support;
- offer marketing and promotions, competitions, surveys and questionnaires;
- transact with Individuals and process payments;
- assess and improve the Services;
- provide secure access to the Services; and
- provide Emergency Services access to information Individuals post;
For more information on when Provider shares Personal Information, see below.
10. Handling of data
Some collection, holding, use and disclosure of information happens simply by virtue of Individuals and Emergency Services using the Services.
The purpose of the Service is to allow Provider, Emergency Services and Individuals to enter, manage and communicate information, including Personal Information, relating to matters of crime prevention or emergency assistance.
The Service’s purpose is also to allow Provider and Emergency Services to analyse data that accumulates through the use of the Service.
11. Disclosing Personal Information
Provider shares Personal Information with others in the following ways:
- publishing reviews and testimonials from Individuals on Provider’s website;
- sharing Individuals’ location data, phone number and any other data considered necessary with Emergency Services.
From time to time, Emergency Services may send Customer notifications through the Interface. Emergency Services will not have access to the Personal Information of Customer for the purpose of sending notifications. Notifications will be sent to all users within a specified geographical area, and may be disabled in the Interface at any time.
12. Service providers can access personal information
When Provider uses the services of companies that Provider works with to provide the Services, they may get access to the Provider’s data, including Personal Information. Such third party services may include:
- (Hosting) Cloud and web hosting service providers such as Amazon Web Services;
- (SaaS) providers of software as a service;
- (Support) providers of IT support services, web and software development;
- (Data analytics) Google Analytics (see [http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/](http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/));
- (Apple device functionality providers) Apple location services, Siri dictation, Apple Maps, Apple Notifications (see http://www.apple.com/au/privacy/).
- (Google) Google location services;
Provider will only share Personal Information with these third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to perform their functions.
These third parties may have their own privacy and security policies. For more information about this, please contact Provider using the details listed in the “contacting us” section below.
For information on disclosures to overseas recipients, see below.
13. Disclosing information overseas
The Provider may store or process some Personal Information overseas. Individuals may not have the same rights relating to their information when it is overseas as they would under Australian privacy law.
If Individuals consent to such transfer, Provider will not be accountable for overseas recipients’ handling of their Personal Information.
14. Contacting us
Individuals contact the Provider using the details below if they want to access, correct or delete Personal Information or lodge a complaint.
Provider reserves the right to refuse access or correction where there are reasonable grounds for doing so, for example if providing access would be unlawful or would compromise the privacy of another person.
15. Complaints process
If Individuals have a complaint about privacy, they can contact Provider using the details listed above.Provider will respond to complaints in writing within a reasonable period (usually 10 business days from the day Provider receives an email).Provider will try to work with Individuals to resolve complaints entirely within 20 business days, although that period may be longer if it is reasonable to take longer given the nature of the complaint.If Individuals are unsatisfied with our response, they may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au/).
1. Individual, Individuals
means a natural person.
2. Emergency Service, Emergency Services
means governmental emergency services of the country you are in when using the Service, including but not limited to:
- the police;
- ambulance services; and
- fire services.
3. Personal Information
means information about an Individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from that information. This includes information like names, telephone numbers, email addresses and physical addresses.
4. Policy, Policies
means this document, drafted in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
5. Service, Services
means the application called ‘Koorca’.